Well Ladies - I don't know about all of you, but I am struggling. I can't seem to get past page 50. I stop and start and then find myself back at the beginning. While it is meant to be a cult classic, I am finding Luke Rhienhart literally revolting and self-indulgent. Someone assure me it gets better ---- please.
Reviews from the Good Read Blog, I am having trouble concurring with, yet I know I must persist because I really haven't given old Luke a chance. Anyways here are the reviews, if any of you are struggling as I am!
A rollicking good read and an irreverent parody of American psychoanalytical culture, The Dice Man is entertaining, humorous, shocking, and subversive -- one of the international cult bestsellers of our time.
"Luke Rhinehart and The Dice Man have launched a psychiatric revolution". -- The Sunday Telegraph (London)
"Witty...reckless...clever, a caper at the edge of nihilism". -- Life magazine
"Weird, hilarious...an outlandishly enjoyable book". -- St. Louis Post-Dispatch
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/70912.The_Dice_Man
This Blog helps the wonderful women of our Book Club to stay in touch in between gatherings. It also provides an opportunity for us to share books of interest and fun events which might be of literary interest to all or some of us!
Our name has its origin from the very first meeting spot of our Group, a lovely little Flower Shop-Cafe in Paddington Bris-Vegas in the land of Oz. While the Cafe is no longer, we still gather to enjoy conversation and lively debate about the reading books on our list!
Which Ever One to Read......
May 22, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I ave to admit that I only got my copy of the book last night - so (hopefully) I will get started tonight, but your comment does not sound very encouraging...
ReplyDelete